Best Essay Prompt Examples
When you are applying for admission into your preferred college, students will be asked to write a personal statement to be submitted with their application. Some colleges will expect the student to come up with the topic of their own choices.
In some other cases, students will be given some essay prompts to work on. In giving answers to the questions that are asked; you are expected to be frank in your answers. Any attempt to go contrary might be detected by the committee when they are going through your application; it might lead to disqualification at the end of the day.
We shall be giving some likely essay prompts that you are going to come across when you are applying for places in colleges. Enjoy.
- You have likely experienced failure in achieving your goal in life. Describe this experience.
- Go down memory and think about a situation in your life where you have to choose between taking risks or playing safe. What were your choice and the outcome? How would you have reacted now if you face a similar choice?
- Describe in details an experience that has changed your outlook on life and has changed your lifestyle
- After you graduate from college - what do you plan to do?
- What are your current long time goals in life?
- You are a different individual. What are the qualities that separate you from others?
- Describe in full details, some tasks that you have accomplished in the last two years that was has no bearing to your academic pursuits.
- What animal would you be in recorded history if you have to make a choice? Why?
- Assuming you have the opportunity to travel back in time to a period in history; where would you head for? Why did you choose that point in history?
- If you are in a position to offer advice to a student that is just beginning a high school career what would be your advice?
- Take a quotation that describes your personality in life. Explain how the quotation describes your personality.
- What impact did the neighborhood that you grew in have in your life?
- Which invention has the most negative effect on your life? Why was it so?
- Illustrate your personality through a story
- If you had the opportunity to read the minds of others; will you use the opportunity or not? What informed your decision?
- What is the most embarrassing moment of your life? How did you overcome it? What lessons have you learned through it?
- Describe how the neighborhood that you grew in has influenced your attitude to life
- In your opinion, what is the most important social or political movement of the 20th century? Why did you consider it so?
- Give the reasons for your decision to spend four out of your productive years in college.
- Would you change a moment in your life if you are asked to do so? Why or why not? If you decide to change any moment; what is the moment and why would you act in line with it?
The list above represents likely essay prompts that you are likely to come across. Make sure you give answers that are exactly your experience.